This was never supposed to happen to me. I was smart. I was strong. I was a fucking first degree black belt for fuck's sake, but none of that mattered. Not when you're out-gunned and outnumbered. I was stolen from my life and thrown into the dark and hollow depths of human trafficking. But it’s not all glitter and rainbows...especially when it comes to him. He wants me beaten. He wants me broken. But most importantly, he just wants me and that's the scariest thing of all. I won't let him win. I won't let him break me. I'll come back like steel every time. Because in the end, what doesn't kill me will only make me stronger...
I'm not a very nice guy. I'm a terrible person in fact, but I'm not going to pretend to care. I have a billion-dollar empire to run that manifests carnage, blood, and money and I crave it all. Nothing ever got in my way, nothing stopped me. If I wanted something, I made it happen, that is until this damn red-head crawled into my life. Strong, defiant, and a mixed martial artist, she was everything I never expected to want in a woman. Breaking her down became an obsession as she'd always somehow pop back up like a damn weed I couldn't kill. It was addicting and it became harder and harder for me to pretend I didn't love the taste of her fire every time I covered her with my ice. I wanted more and I'll be damned if I didn't get it. Because in the end, I always get what I want.
- It took me almost a year to write Stolen.
- When the idea first came to my head, I wrote 40,000 words in three weeks.
- My inspiration for Jaden came from Ronda Rousey, P!nk, and honestly, a little bit of myself.
- My inspiration for the owner didn't require much help. He was an asshole all on his own ;)
- I don't think there are enough strong female characters in the written world, which is why I wanted to write a book like this that emphasized female strength and compassion as well as spreading awareness on human trafficking.