This was never supposed to happen to me. I was smart. I was strong. I was a fucking first degree black belt for fuck's sake, but none of that mattered. Not when you're out-gunned and outnumbered. I was stolen from my life and thrown into the dark and hollow depths of human trafficking. But its not all glitter and rainbows...especially when it comes to him. He wants me beaten. He wants me broken. But most of all, he just wants me and that's the scariest thing of all. I won't let him win. I won't let him break me. I'll come back like steel every time. Because in the end, what doesn't kill me will only make me stronger...
I'm not a very nice guy. I'm a terrible person, in fact, but I'm not even going to pretend to care. I have a billion dollar empire to run that manifests carnage, blood, and money and I love every second of it. The thrill of breaking even the most sniveling of cowards down is exhilarating, but nothing compares to the thrill of breaking the defiance of an errant slave girl. My empire was built on the bare backs of women thanks to my father's past business ventures, but I brought it up to the heights it is now. Nothing ever got in my way, nothing stopped me. If I wanted something, I made it happen, that is until this fucking girl crawled into my life. Strong, defiant, and a mixed martial artist, she was everything I never expected to want in a woman, but want her I did. Breaking her down became an obsession as she'd always somehow pop back up like a fucking weed I couldn't kill. It was addicting and it became harder and harder for me to pretend I didn't love the taste of her fire every time I covered her with my ice. I wanted more and I had a feeling there would be no stopping the train once it left the station because if I had her, I didn't think I'd ever get enough...
- It took me almost a year to write Stolen.
- When the idea first came to my head, I wrote 40,000 words in three weeks.
- My inspiration for Jaden came from Ronda Rousey, P!nk, and honestly, a little bit of myself.
- My inspiration for the owner didn't require much help. He was an asshole all on his own ;)
- I don't think there are enough strong female characters in the written world, which is why I wanted to write a book like this that emphasized female strength and compassion as well as spreading awareness on human trafficking.